Carb O-rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb O-rings

I need a CV carb o-rings kit, I went to cycleorings.com and he has some in there, I emailed the person but still haven't heard from him yet. After doing a rebuild of my carbs I found out that none of the O-rings came with my kits. Air is getting in through the gasoline lines in between the carbs and I need to replace the o-rings Asap. I need this bike up and running pretty soon since I am selling my jeep cherokee and the wife wouldn't be happy if I take her car to work everyday for those married folks out there you understand. Anyway does anyone know about other places I could go for o-rings?

it took him a few days to email me...thats about your best bet is to finding them...standard o rings will just last for a short term...do it right the first time...

Comment

It might help to know what carbs you got on the bike. I see you've got a GS1000GL, what year?
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
        It might help to know what carbs you got on the bike. I see you've got a GS1000GL, what year?
        They were only available for two years, with virtually no difference, so it doesn't really matter. Take your pick: 1980 or 1981.

Fefrank, sorry you wasted you money on "kits", did you have a particular question about the o-rings?
        The website is rather self-explanitory, but I can try to answer any questions you might have.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Fefrank View Post
          I need a CV carb o-rings kit, I went to cycleorings.com and he has some in there, I emailed the person but still haven't heard from him yet. After doing a rebuild of my carbs I found out that none of the O-rings came with my kits. Air is getting in through the gasoline lines in between the carbs and I need to replace the o-rings Asap. I need this bike up and running pretty soon since I am selling my jeep cherokee and the wife wouldn't be happy if I take her car to work everyday for those married folks out there you understand. Anyway does anyone know about other places I could go for o-rings?
          You don't really need to talk to him, cycleorings, He has the o-rings you need and ready to go, just send him the $$ and you'll get your o-rings like real quick. He has went to the trouble to sort out the orings you need and packaged them accordingly. I got a set for my carbs.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Robert Barr at cycleorings is the man. He is kept a bit busy from all of us ordering rings but he will get back to you.

In the meanwhile and only as a stop gap measure, you can take the tube with existing o-rings in place and over wrap with teflon tape. A few wraps will make for a tighter fit and should stop your airleaks.

It is only a stop gap measure so give Robert a day or so then pop off a PM or e-mail to him.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
              ...so give Robert a day or so then pop off a PM or e-mail to him.
              Or just order them online.

Be sure you also get the drain screw o-rings (for an extra penny) and the intake boot o-rings and the stainless bolts that hold the intake boots.

All together, it's less than $25.

sigpic
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

The longest it has ever taken to get the parts was 3 days.
                Usually have them in TWO!

Eric

Comment

Thank you all for you awesome Ideas. Spyug, I've already taken the orings off 2 of them were broken but that is a nice temporary idea thanks. I found the paypal purchase setup he has on his website. Let's see how long it takes. Steve I've already change the intake boots for new ones with new screws and washers also brand new o-rings, It cost me 110 dollars for everything through boulevardsuzuki.com it was a great deal in my opinion. I am a little concerned about the battery, I bought it new a few months ago and it has been on the bike without being used since the. I don't want to buy another battery just because that one wasn't being used. The other thing I was going to ask was how much MPG would I get with this bike? any Idea out there? is a 1980 1000GL Thanks in advance

Comment

+1 for mr. barr. ordered off cycleorings in the evening and received a prompt email acknowledging the order. actually, checking the timestamps just now it appears that he responded to the purchase 1 minute before it was made!?

anyway, they were in the mail the next day, arrived at my house a day or 2 later

Comment

Originally posted by the schwartz View Post
                      ... checking the timestamps just now it appears that he responded to the purchase 1 minute before it was made!?
                      Probably 59 minutes after the purchase.

There is a time zone difference.

sigpic
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Probably 59 minutes after the purchase.

There is a time zone difference.

or he's just that good.

Comment

Originally posted by the schwartz View Post
                          or he's just that good.
                          Yeah, there's that, too, but I did not want to set the bar too high.

(Or should that be Barr? )

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

Pity there isn`t a vote for `Best Dude Of The Year to Get O-Rings From`, because I`d vote for Mr Barr. I`m in the U.K. and I ordered a set of O-Rings for my Gs 850, from him...They arrived (along with helpful diagram), 2 days before stuff, that i`d ordered on the same day, from U.K. sellers on eBay. Hows that for service, eh?.....and...they were almost half the price (inc p+P), than what I could have obtained here. to Mr Barr.

Comment

I'm in Canada and I order from the site and get them in less than a week!
                              Cheers to Mr. O-ring dude!!

Comment

Working...
                              X