Small Screw inside Mikuni BS float bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Screw inside Mikuni BS float bowl

Hi, I have stripped or nearly stripped the little screw that holds the brass plate that holds the intake seat valve (where the float needle goes). Its an M4 - .5 (or maybe .8) screw and there is only one per carb.

Has anyone found a good replacement for these? I would order one from bike-bandit but I would rather not get a philips head screw. Much prefer an allen or hex bolt (allen might fit better).

Ther carbs are Mikuni BS from a 1982 gs1100gl

By the way: I have ordered 16 hex head M5 12mm and 16 16mm for the float bowl and diaphragm cover, since those screws were also a PITA to get out. In every carb one of the diaphragm cover screws would not come out, and got stripped, but I found that by lightly tapping the cover with a wrench I was able to get it to slide out and that loosened the final screw, which could then be twisted out with needlenose. Hopefully with the new bolts I will never have this problem ever again (and anti-seize)
    Last edited by Guest; 08-26-2012, 05:14 PM.

I thought they were M3 0.5 pitch threads but I can't remember for sure. I've got some little allen screws that do the job and just bought them off the shelf at a local shop - they're a common size and thread.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Go to any metric fastener supplier.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
      X