fuel injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel injection

Does anybodt know about a reasonable good brand/ system one can use as intake throttle and injectors when doing a TBI fuel inection conversion? Maybe the gpz 900?
    Does anybody have any tips?
    Thank you!

Megasquirt is the system most people have toyed with on this site. There's been a few threads started on it over the years but I can't recall anyone documenting it all the way through. I don't think it's TBI though.

Here's a thread where a system from ZX12R was used on a GS1000.

Comment

i fuel injected and turbocharged my 81 yamaha xj650 bobber i used gsxr600 itbs and microsquirt as the brain im always willing to help people with the switching to fuel injected its alot of headaches ive put about 2000k miles on mine so far. also if you think its going to be like a brand new bike like turn the key on and hit the start button and it will start right up like a 2012 bike not going to happen mine i have to twist the throttle to start it (i have no iacv) and these bike are air cooled so you have to idle them up tell they get over 200f then once warm then the new bike will come out lol if you need some help let me know

Comment

cbr 600 r injection.

Originally posted by isaacson06 View Post
        i fuel injected and turbocharged my 81 yamaha xj650 bobber i used gsxr600 itbs and microsquirt as the brain im always willing to help people with the switching to fuel injected its alot of headaches ive put about 2000k miles on mine so far. also if you think its going to be like a brand new bike like turn the key on and hit the start button and it will start right up like a 2012 bike not going to happen mine i have to twist the throttle to start it (i have no iacv) and these bike are air cooled so you have to idle them up tell they get over 200f then once warm then the new bike will come out lol if you need some help let me know
        Aha, that was interesting to read.
        My setup so far consist of a STD 1000 cyl, pamco hall effect ignition system, ugraded valvesprings and a mildly tuned top, and oilcooler.
        So now its time to start thinking about the fuel injection part. The "brain" will be a microsquirt as im not familiar with any other brand, and the throttle and injectionsetup im thinking about is from a cbr 600 with 40 mm throttles.
        Any thoughts about that?

(These are of course the preliminarys for the supercharger set up im working towards.)
        /Niklas

Comment

Does the microsquirt not have warmup wizard? or warm up timing advance? I know Ms1 extra does. I can get my gsxr 750 itb, fuel injected, aircooled vw to idle right off startup...

Comment

ya it has warmup wiz it has great a/f 13.5 but just wont like to idle tell about 100f

Comment

And you played with the timing advance at idle? for example adjust +2 degress for every 10F under 100F...

If those don't work, then yeah only option left is either stepper idle motor or fast idle solenoid.

Comment

I know nothing about fuel injection conversions, but I did buy a R/R from this guy and his site is interesting, especially the FI stuff for Vmax.
                Don't know if this is of any help.

Comment

Working...
                X