No announcement yet.

Carb Diaphragms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would dunking them in some boiling water for a few seconds take out the wrinkles? I used to heat the veins on my arrows in hot water to take them back straight if they got kinked.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Did anyone end up ordering these?

By the looks of the stock part number, the BS34SS should fit the BS32SS - seems like they use the same slide. I plan on ordering them soon.
      1983 GS650G
      Build thread: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=66251.0

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyC View Post
        Did anyone end up ordering these?

By the looks of the stock part number, the BS34SS should fit the BS32SS - seems like they use the same slide. I plan on ordering them soon.
        Well I ordered these. I'll post up on how they work out.
        1983 GS650G

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response guys. I was finishing my fall term of college and wasn't really reading the forums.

I did end up ordering these and they did fit and are of quality material. The customer service is also great so I would highly recommend JBM.

Make sure to measure measure and measure again.

Enjoy and good luck.

~GSJohnny

Comment

Thanks for the response, I'm glad they worked! Does your GS1000g have BS32 carbs or BS32SS? I'm 99% sure these will work, but I guess I'll find out when they get here tomorrow.
            1983 GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyC View Post
              Thanks for the response, I'm glad they worked! Does your GS1000g have BS32 carbs or BS32SS? I'm 99% sure these will work, but I guess I'll find out when they get here tomorrow.
              His GS1000g should have BS34's on it if it is original
              1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
              80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
              1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
              83 gs750ed- first new purchase
              85 EX500- vintage track weapon
              1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
              “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
              If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Yep BS34s

I misread by measurement when I first made this post.

Sorry for the confusion if any confusion was caused.

~GSJohnny

Comment

Well I just installed the diaphragms from JBM. They seem awesome, except I thinking I'm worrying about nothing. The groove in the stock slide is 5mm, and there are plastic retainer rings on both sides of the stock diaphragm. The retaining ring facing inside the carb is actually what stops the slide's travel, instead of the end of the slide bottoming out against the carb body. The JBM ones are 4mm, which leaves a 1mm gap. This is just enough so now the end of the slide comes into contact with carb body. It really doesn't look like this will be an issue at all, so I guess we'll see how it works.
                  1983 GS650G

Comment

Working...
                  X