Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help ID'ing 1985 Vance & Hines GS pipes

Hello:

We're trying to identify what size GS these Vance & Hines pipes came off of. All we know is that they were on a 1985 GS-??? and that they were previously chrome plated. The customer flaked out and stuck us without paying after we Ceramic Coated them. We have a few people interested in them but unfortunately we have no idea what size bike they fit. Does anyone know how to determine this?

I've attached some pics of the pipes as well as various stampings and etchings of numbers that may mean something. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance.....

Numbers on inside of megaphone tab (S505RC) ??

Etching on end of collector

Underside of primary coming into collector (S100-3)??

Deffinately a 16 valve engine 750cc or larger,they will fit any 16v 750cc and larger if i belive.
    I sold a 4-1 from my 1150 to a dude with a 750 and they fit,16v of course.
    If i am wrong i will be corrected but pretty positive on thos,the header looks identical to mine.

Comment

Muffler looks wired thos,have a pic of it from the inside and the end?
      Not fun changing oil with that setup for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150/gs View Post
        Unfortunately, no pics from the inside.

I forgot to mention that the head flanges are loose and rotate freely but are retained from coming off by big spot welds. I mention this because we coat many pipes liek this that are either fixed or are com,pletely removable.

Comment

Mine are the same way,unkown ,we tried to I.D them here with no luck other than being maybe V&H.My muffler has adjustable mount tho.yours is fixed
          What i meant by inside,is the backside that is hidden from sight when mounted.
          Best to take measurements for center to center left to righ of the where the header mounts to the engine,then top center to the bottom to make sure it clears the bottom of the frame.with the muffler mount it very well could be for a gs 550e being from an 85, it is deffinate 16 valve tho.

Comment

look the same as i have on my 1100 kat... hanger looks to be in the same place and is certainly the same shape hanger.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150/gs View Post
              looks like the pipe on my kat.... and oil changes are no problem as the link pipe is nowhere near the drain

Comment

That looks like what I have my 1150. As mentioned, the header will fit on several models/years but the pipe will different. If you could measure from the header end to the hanger I could Compare it to mine if that helps you.

BTW how much do you charge to get that result?

Comment

RE: Ceramic Coated GS Pipe

Excellent, so the consensus is it fits a 750-1100???. If this fit a 1985 model, any idea what year range that covers? I'll get more detailed pics and measurements of the megaphone once I get to the shop.

Thanks for all your help…….

Comment

RE: Ceramic Coating Motorcycle Pipes

Originally posted by cableguy View Post
                    That looks like what I have my 1150. As mentioned, the header will fit on several models/years but the pipe will different. If you could measure from the header end to the hanger I could Compare it to mine if that helps you.

BTW how much do you charge to get that result?
                    Hey Cableguy:

We do a lot of these old Kerker, Vance & Hines, stock, etc pipes from the 70-80's bikes. Seems like a lot of folks are restoring them these days. I have a triple set off of an early Kawasaki 2-stroke we're finishing up right now. Most of the 4-1 set up's tend to run in the 175-250 range. Also, most guys choose black but we have about 9 colors.

Below is a Kerker we just did for a similar model. Most tend to be chrome and the chrome has gone to hell.

Last edited by Guest; 09-10-2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Drool!

Where are you located, what is your turnaround and do you have a website?
                      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
                      X