How to tell what jet you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tell what jet you have?

Hey, ive started to take down my carbs, but am having trouble taking the main plate off, so i looked at the jets instead, and im trying to figure out my main jet. My pilot jet says 15, which is stock for a 79 gs750 but i cant figure out my main. Where does it say it? on the front it seems to say 1025 but that doesn't make any sense?

Originally posted by NBraun View Post
    Hey, ive started to take down my carbs, but am having trouble taking the main plate off, so i looked at the jets instead, and im trying to figure out my main jet. My pilot jet says 15, which is stock for a 79 gs750 but i cant figure out my main. Where does it say it? on the front it seems to say 1025 but that doesn't make any sense?
    Sure it makes sense, it's 102.5 main jet - standard.
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

oh, your right, i thought it said 100 is standard for the main, oops.

Comment

The '77-'79 750's were all over the shop with main jets - the manuals all say different! It's likely your 102.5 are stock.
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

without starting a new thread, taking apart the carbs, im trying to take the main plate off so i can separate the main bodies. But, the plate cant come off because of the main throttle rod(?). Any tips? Ive been trying to follow basscliff's tut but i cant seem to get past the measly first step. Thanks! Where can i order bigger jets? Should the ones on Z1 for the Large round mikuni carb work for the VM?
          Last edited by Guest; 09-09-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Take the tops off the carbs and remove the bolts (1 each) holding the slide assembly to the rod. There's another bolt through the rod at the cable linkage. Lastly there is a lock screw on the rod between two of the carbs. Remove that and slide the rod out.

Last edited by allojohn; 09-09-2012, 11:05 PM.
            -Mal

78 GS750E

Comment

Thanks! I was thinking that was what i needed to do, just wasn't sure and didn't want to mess anything up.

Comment

Working...
              X