Will 83 GS1100 exhaust fit 81 GS1100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 83 GS1100 exhaust fit 81 GS1100?

I'm new here and as a GS owner. I found an exhaust for an 83 GS1100. Does anyone know if it would fit my 81 GS1100?

Thanks!

I found that the stock part numbers are different, but noticed that some aftermarket manufacturers say theirs will fit like 80-83. Anyway, I hope someone may know more than me.

Comment

Yes it will fit the spacing is the same. You may have to fab the hanger a little, but its not a deal killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cshanafelt View Post
        I'm new here and as a GS owner. I found an exhaust for an 83 GS1100. Does anyone know if it would fit my 81 GS1100?

Thanks!
        Welcome to GSR.

Maybe a little late for me to comment.

But....

Might help to know if you are refereing to an GS1100E or GS1100G (or GL).

Would not be any significant design change between 81 and 83 in either engine that would effect the exhaust.
        But something from an E may not work on a G.

If its a G (that I have more familiarity with), in some year in there, the shape of the tail end of the exhaust changed, that would be enought to change the part number.

(would be good to put full model name in signature line and your genreal location in profile, then that shows up in every post.)

Have you any update on this? Did you get that from the 83?

>>later note:
        E : chain drive, 16 valve engine (rectangular cam cover ends)
        G : shaft drive, 8 valve engine (round cam cover ends)
        Last edited by Redman; 10-07-2012, 05:55 AM.
        http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
        Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

If they are both E models, yes.

Comment

Ok thanks. I haven't bought an exhaust yet. I kinda put that on the back burner for now while working on other things.

Comment

Working...
            X