I need a petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a petcock

I remember reading a couple weeks ago about someone talking of buying a petcock from a Japanese co. At a very reasonable price. Anyone know of it?

Z1 Enterprises has some aftermarket petcocks that work well. What bike are you working on? You can price an OEM petcock from Boulevard, etc.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Ckowens,

In the "mega-welcome" you will find a couple of maintenance lists. Every item on those lists must be properly addressed in order to have a safe and reliable motorcycle. You'll need clean carbs, properly adjusted valves, new petcock, etc. It's all here: New Members, CLICK HERE!!

Welcome to the forum. Please visit my little website for all the GS information I have collected. You'll find hours of documentation to familiarize yourself with.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Ckowens View Post
        I remember reading a couple weeks ago about someone talking of buying a petcock from a Japanese co. At a very reasonable price. Anyone know of it?
        Best to remove your petcock and check centerline bolt spacing- sometimes stuff gets switched. As I recall, you got a lever petcock ???? lots of model year 1980 don't.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

http://www.buyatvsonline.com/gas-val...ts-p-9491.html
          IS THAT WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR? THE BOLT SPACING MIGHT BE DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE.
          SOMEWHERE THERE IS A THREAD OF SOMEONE WHO MADE A SPACER WITH TAPPED HOLES TO FIT PETCOCK TO AND SPACER TO TANK. CANT FIND IT
          THE LINK ABOVE IS REALLY INEXPENSIVE AND THOUGH I DON'T LIKE TO SPEND MONEY WHEN IT SEEMS UNNECESSARY NOT SO SURE WOULD TRUST IT FOR THE LONG RUN.
          THAT BEING SAID IF YOU DO FIND ONE AT THAT PRICE THAT FITS GO AHEAD AND BUY TWO IN CASE ONE LEAVES YOU BROKE DOWN YOU CAN REPLACE ON THE SIDE OF ROAD.

Comment

In point of fact, It don't. It's a in set white piece with a slit for a small flathead screwdriver. It says pri at top setting and a dot both to the left and right. I don't know what those settings are for. I'm on a 1980 gs550l.

Comment

Get the best deals for 80 GS 550L Petcock at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

If you are staying with this style, buy it. 45 bucks. I just got one for my bike too. Works good. Or remove your petcock, clean it , test it, and re use.

Comment

I bought a Pingel petcock from Z1 a few years back works fine my only complaint is that is to tight to the tank where as the original sits lower.

Comment

Working...
                X