exhaust mounts cracked .....need sugestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust mounts cracked .....need sugestions

well i noticed that one of my exhaust mounts is cracked and i cant seem to figure out how to get it off without cutting the pipe and rewelding it up .I have replacements just putting this out there maybe im a dumb dumb but any advise woulds help....

What are we dealing with? Year ,Model, ect. Photos help.

Comment

1981 gs 650 glx...

Comment

Have you thought about a nice set of headers? I know they can cost $350 more or less. Or perhaps cut out a 1/4" flange, cut in two, and weld it back together on the pipe. This would be somewhat like the flanges that come on headers.

Comment

what headers would you recommend? id prefer to do it on the cheap
          Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Check Vance & Hines, also just spend some time shopping the internet. There are several manufacturers out there. Also try E-Bay for used exhaust systems and / or headers.
            A small piece of 1/4" plate and a little time with a drill, file and a grinder or Dremal tool would be the cheapest. You may need to hire someone to weld it up, shouldn't cost much. Check around someone you know may be able to weld up the part for you. You may also need to find a couple of bolts to mount your new flange with.

Comment

thank you ill look around and see what i can find

Comment

Thanks
                Wish you good hunting.

Comment

Working...
                X