Suzuki orings in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki orings in Canada

If Mr. Barr of cycleorings.com decides to stop shipping to Canada, I might be able to fill that gap to my fellow Canadians. I have sourced the orings, I know the sizes required but am not sure of the material.
    Am i correct in saying it should either be Viton or Nitrile?
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

He uses "Nitrile (Buna-N), 70 Durometer" for the carb o-rings and Vitron for the intake boot o-rings
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Shipping kits was never a problem. The problem arises when I ship the fasteners; the delay varies more than any other country on Earth. Maybe I just quit shipping screws.

OTOH, maybe I need some competition.
      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
      __________________________________________________ ______________________
      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
        Shipping kits was never a problem. The problem arises when I ship the fasteners; the delay varies more than any other country on Earth. Maybe I just quit shipping screws.

OTOH, maybe I need some competition.
        No delays each time you have shipped them here Robert!
        2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
        1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
        2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
        s)

Comment

I, myself have ordered probably a dozen or so oring kits. Never had one go astray. I didn't realize it was only the fasteners that was a problem. As long as you're selling the orings & shipping them here to Canada, I will continue to support you & purchase them.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Paul
          80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Oh, there's no misunderstanding. Anyone else on this forum or elsewhere is perfectly welcome to compete with me. Why they'd want to is another question altogether... I'm not sure if I've ever made better than minimum wage on this, given the time & outlay it takes, and what's worse is that it uses up gobs of time during my riding season.

To be specific, though, I don't mind shipping anything to Canada; what I mind is having disappointed customers. People send me money, and there's a certain agreement, an aspect of integrity involved, in making sure I meet my end of the bargain. When I mail off a padded envelope to Canada, there could be a buyer checking his/her mail every day after work, and getting more & more disgusted with me as his riding season circles the drain & days turn into weeks.

When I get emails from increasingly exasperated GS owners, it wears on me -- and it's no picnic for them either. I've spent very nearly ten years building a reputation for reliability, and I hate to see that diminished.

So, since the solution has just become obvious, I'll simply discontinue mailing screws to Canada. Voila!
            and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
            __________________________________________________ ______________________
            2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

I just recently ordered a kit with screws that took almost 3 weeks to get to me. It's no big deal and I would definitely order another kit with screws....it is worth the wait for a quality kit. Besides there is plenty of neglected maintenance to do while the post office or border take there sweet time in processing the package...

Thanks RB this service is much appreciated.

Comment

Holy cow RB, that 1000G of yours looks absolutely stunning! GREAT picture you have in your link. I hate the idea you won't be shipping screws anymore but totally understand. Glad you're going to keep up with the o-rings though. I think I'll write a letter to my MLA/MP about this.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                X