getting a little sputter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting a little sputter

Hi guys I hope you can help me...today while out with AZR for a ride on my new too me gsxr I experienced a little sputter at around 200kmph (125mph)...now it's not real bad just a little sputter that makes me want to back off on the throttle a bit. Could it be jetting? I would really like to get this sorted out.
    Thanks
    Last edited by trevor; 11-10-2012, 12:17 AM.
    No signature :(

Check your stator output at that speed, it might be off a little.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Ya......it's holding him back from doing 145 miles per hour!!!!! man I think I spent a 1/3 of my tank of gas just trying to catch up to him....The days of Trevor catching up on his 80' 750 are behind us..or really it's me behind him now...I think I need a faster bike!
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I experienced a little sputter at around 200kmph (125mph)...
        Like you need to be worried about that as that will be your standard commuting speed.......in B.C. no less. Can we expect to see you on Youtube?

Actually, I think the Mounties programmed that into your carbs since it seems to have the desired effect, to whit:
        that makes me want to back off on the throttle a bit.
        I'm thinking a carb cleaning and rebuild with blah, blah, blah....you know the drill.

Thanks for the chuckle.
        Spyug

Comment

Here's a video I took from today......

Suzuki GSX-R 750 Topspeed Pass Leo-Vince Factory EVO II with dB-Killer !!TURN OFF YOUR SPEAKERS!!!!!Starting Fly By was in 3rd Gear.
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            I experienced a little sputter at around 200kmph (125mph)...
            Exactly WHERE can you go that fast on southern Vancouver Island?

shhh! Don't give away your secret...THEY are listening.

What kind of rpms were you turning at the time?
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

It's your jetting. Go down 4 sizes on the mains. Report back with the results.
              Showoff.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                Exactly WHERE can you go that fast on southern Vancouver Island?

shhh! Don't give away your secret...THEY are listening.

What kind of rpms were you turning at the time?
                Hehe..Road to Cowachin. Rpms were around 10000 but redline is 13000!
                I don't want people to think I'm a speed demon but you know new bike, safe wide open road, etc. I don't condone this kind of behaviour. But boy was it fun!!
                No signature :(

Comment

Most bikes won't pull redline in top gear. Did you redline it in the next lower gear before shifting?
                  IOW, for a 5 speed, you need to redline in 4th, then shift and see what she will do.
                  Not that I would condone nor have any experience in such shenanigans, but I think I read it on the web somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                    Not that I would condone nor have any experience in such shenanigans, but I think I read it on the web somewhere.
                    And you know they can't post it on the web if it's not true.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                      Ya......it's holding him back from doing 145 miles per hour!!!!! man I think I spent a 1/3 of my tank of gas just trying to catch up to him....The days of Trevor catching up on his 80' 750 are behind us..or really it's me behind him now...I think I need a faster bike!
                      Well hell BC dudes we need to see the video

Comment

Working...
                      X