No announcement yet.

Problems with Carburator GS450L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you turn your handlebars a bit to the right about 5 seconds after stopping?
    Most people do.
    If this is the case and the bike still revs after you get it back together may be as easy as a too tight throttle cable adjustment.
    If the throttle cable is too tight the pressure from turning the bars will pull on the cable.
    Will not be something that you would notice going down the road as we lean the bikes to turn.

Comment

carb gs450l

I buy most of my gs parts from http://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki_model13052/, they should be located fairly close to you.
      As for your problem of high revs while standing, I had a simillar problem, once the bike was warmed up it started reving high. Mine was caused by a combination of one cylinder running lean, no oil on the air filter and old rubber intake boots. What colour are your plugs?
      My bike reved high with the valve clearance set correctly.
      Last edited by Guest; 12-27-2012, 07:01 AM.

Comment

@barnbiketom; indeed, i think im not going to regret the € 60,-- for the synq gauges...

@Steve; Haha, thanks! In Holland we all speak English pretty good, my generation (30+) grew up with American television shows on tv. Like The Dukes off Hazard, Knight Rider, Airwolf, McGuyver, the A-team and so on... And unlike Germany or Italy who mainly dubbed the vocals, we had subtitles. So you pick it up pretty fast...

And i guess your right about the delivery times, but i am used to get parts within a day or 2 in my job...

@Crankthat; i thought about the cables, throttle as wel as choke, but they are not the problem, they are new and well adjusted.

@Red; I think you might have something there... I had the idea Cilinder 1 was a bit to lean, and indeed the valves are to tight. Cilinder 1 did not always start right away the last few months. So i guess i can improof that by the right valve clearance and the synq`ing of the carbs. The sparkplugs are mainly black now, so thats to rich, i know, but i have not had a change to propper adjust the new carbs.

But the oilling of the foam airfilter... does it matter so much for the performance of the engine? i thought it was more for very dusty envirements...??

And about ordering on Cmsnl, i think its a great company,i use the site for drawings and an indication of the prices, but i thought i could only pay with creditcards? In Holland not everyone has those...

Greetings Martin

Comment

Problems solved!

Hi all!

I`m sitting here as a very happy man, celebrating with a few beers that my GS is purring like a kitten!

After waiting for my valve shims for about 6 weeks, i finally got by to adjust the valves, and synq the carbs... Indeed, the synq-gauges are one off my best spend euro`s...

The engine is running and starting like new! I took the oppertunity to overhaul the cam-chain-tensioner so that won`t give me problems also...
          So my main problem was that cilinder 1 was running very bad due to its exaust valve that was sitting to tight for 0.20 ( ! ) mm... The synqing off the new carbs was the finishing touch...

Now i have the engine running ok, and after already changing the brake`s, clutch, chain+sprockets... i can finally start to fixing the bike up with a paint- and polish job... Ill start another threat for it...

Can`t wait to take it out, but its snowing here in Holland...

Many thanks to you all, for taking the time and effort to help me out!

Comment

Mate that's good to hear! A celebratory beer or three is definitely in order
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

YIPEEEE another Twin on the road!!

Comment

Working...
              X