intake manifold bolts stuck help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

see i tried the vise grips but the ones i have are to big can grab onto the bolt. and since i dont have a welder dont think thats gonna work lol but im goin to the hardware store tom. and im hoping i can figure somthing out

Comment

Originally posted by GelandeStrasse View Post
        I have one of these, I keep it on the bike. Came in handy once pinching off a leaking vacuum line. They do make a small needle nose one also. Believe I saw it at Lowe's, Home Depot for a couple of bucks.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

I have used a sharp wood chisel on those phillip screws, tapping a glancing blow in the direction the screw turns. It has yet to fail me.
          Maybe it is because I haven't come up to a screw that won't turn regardless of what you use.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
            I have used a sharp wood chisel on those phillip screws, tapping a glancing blow in the direction the screw turns. It has yet to fail me.
            Maybe it is because I haven't come up to a screw that won't turn regardless of what you use.
            That works.

As to penetrating oil, Kroil or Aerokroil is by far the best I have used. To me, PB Blaster isn't an improvement over Liquid Wrench.

I have spent years working in an industrial facility in a marine environment. This stuff works better than anything else we have used by far. It is a little harder to find.
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
            X