1980 GS250 carb gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS250 carb gaskets

I just so happened to pick up a GS250T for $25 bucks a few months ago (I fell in love the moment I saw it), and I still can not seem to find the carb gaskets. Since the tank has been sitting empty, the local bike shop owner told me to just leave it... The problem is, it hasn't been ran even once in the past 7 years. My question is, should I keep looking for the gaskets, or just build my own? Also, if I build my own, what will I need (if anyone knows)?

You can get bowl gaskets from the dealer and probably Z1 Enterprises.

In fact, at G&S Suzuki I found the parts fiche for your carbs:

And the cost for number 17 is: 17GASKET FLOAT CH
    13251-11400 2$8.47$6.25
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Can you tell me which part numbers I need?

Comment

Originally posted by JS_GS250 View Post
        Look at his post.
        Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post

And the cost for number 17 is: 17GASKET FLOAT CH
        13251-11400 2$8.47$6.25
        OK, so it might take a bit of deciphering:
        It is item #17 in the picture.
        The name is "GASKET FLOAT CH" (as in "Gasket, Float Chamber)
        The part number is 13251-11400
        There are 2 of them required on the bike
        The retail price is $8.47
        The price at G&S Suzuki is $6.25

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Apparently my request was a bit lacking in information... I apologize. I plan on going completely through both carburetors, and therefore need to know which parts I need do to this. I am also able to fabricate fiber gaskets.
          Last edited by Guest; 12-02-2012, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. JS_GS250,

You'll find lots of carb rebuild information on my little website, for twins and 4 cylinder GS bikes. You'll also find instructions on how to use an online parts fiche to find part numbers. Contact cycleorings.com and see if Robert's O-ring kit will fit your carbs. He's got the stuff you need minus the bowl gaskets. Now here's some S.W.A.G.

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. You'll find all kinds of helpful tips, procedures, manuals, etc, in the links below. Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              Look at his post.

OK, so it might take a bit of deciphering:
              It is item #17 in the picture.
              The name is "GASKET FLOAT CH" (as in "Gasket, Float Chamber)
              The part number is 13251-11400
              There are 2 of them required on the bike
              The retail price is $8.47
              The price at G&S Suzuki is $6.25

Sorry about making my post so misleading there JS; it was late and I didn't think to fix my formatting. I suppose I shouldn't try answering questions after being up for 21 hours

Apparently my request was a bit lacking in information... I apologize. I plan on going completely through both carburetors, and therefore need to know which parts I need do to this. I am also able to fabricate fiber gaskets.
              Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
              Hi Mr. JS_GS250,

You'll find lots of carb rebuild information on my little website, for twins and 4 cylinder GS bikes. You'll also find instructions on how to use an online parts fiche to find part numbers. Contact cycleorings.com and see if Robert's O-ring kit will fit your carbs. He's got the stuff you need minus the bowl gaskets. Now here's some S.W.A.G.

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. You'll find all kinds of helpful tips, procedures, manuals, etc, in the links below. Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
              Read through Basscliff's site information you just received here. There are alot of items he put together that will help take the mystery out of things for fixing these bikes. Use the electronic parts fiche on any of the dealer sites as many parts people don't really know what they are talking about when you walk in there. I would always take a list of the part numbers in with me if I needed things. You'll find if you read through a lot of posts here that places like G&S Suzuki (www.gssuzuki.com), Boulevard Suzuki (www.boulevardsuzuki.com) and Z1 Enterprises (www.z1enterprises.com) are the most preferred due to their parts cost or reliability.

Why not put your location in your profile and your bike type in your signature. This can help us give you advice without having to always ask what bike you are referring to and you won't have to always remember to tell us. Plus, many of us like to help folks out; some like Steve will travel hundreds of miles to do so. You can do this under the User CP...edit profile to put your location in and edit signature for your signature block.

Finally, post up pictures so we can see what you getting yourself into. We LOVE pictures
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
              X