What kind of exhaust is this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of exhaust is this

I bought a 4 into 1 for my GS1000G now I need some help on finding out who made it to see if I can get some specs for it. The header pipes are all loose so they fit into a collector on the muffler. So I would also like to find out who made it to figure out which pipe goes where in the collector. If anyone know any info on this it would help a ton. Thanks

you should be able to work out the downpipe position quite easy. generally the 2 longer ones go on 1 + 4 and fit to the bottom of the collector and the 2 shorter ones on 2 + 3 join to the top of the collector.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Jemco

So far the best suggestion has been Jemco as the maker of the exhaust. Anyone have any infomation on them? I looked at thier website but not to much info on there.

Comment

I don't know what pipe it is, but with the minimal offset behind the collector, I'd say it's some type of sidewinder pipe and you have the header pipes 90 degrees off in your photo
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by slowridevw View Post
          So far the best suggestion has been Jemco as the maker of the exhaust. Anyone have any infomation on them? I looked at thier website but not to much info on there.
          even if you find the make and their website,i doubt it will show you a clear pic of how it goes together.
          are you sure the downpipes are not marked in anyway? sometimes it is stamped on the end where it slides into the collector
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I will give it a good cleaning when I get home and see. Thanks for the imput

Comment

jardine maybe? they went together the same way.

Comment

Working...
              X