Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another petcock post. 44mm question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another petcock post. 44mm question.

A quick petcock question. sorry but I was unable to find this answer as of yet. So yes I'm starting yet another petcock post. I have a 1980 gs750l. I'm pretty sure it has an 81 tank though since it has a petcock with a lever and 44mm bolt spacing. Anyways. I want to get a new petcock and I do not want the one z1 recommends which is a k&L where the fuel line comes in from the right. I want a petcock where the fuel line comes in from the left or rear. it makes it way easier to connect in my opinion. Can I use any 44 mm vacuum petcock? I guess I don't see why I can't especially if it's a suzuki one. I was looking at one for an 86 gsxr750. Let me know your thoughts please.

If you have clearance and it bolts on there is no reason it wont work. Almost any petcock that will bolt on will work if you have clearance for it. But you have to pay attention to the size of the fuel delivery line, one that is two small will probably run the bike OK at idle but you will run lean at road speed as it will not be able to deliver enough fuel.
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Thanks for the information. I thought that would be the case. I have been running a petcock for a year that's almost exactly like the one on the gsxr. I actually think it might be one that was adapted with a different lever. Problem is, the lever never did work in prime. THe only reason I got the thing running was that there was gas in the carbs when I switched it over from the annoying stock petcock.

Comment

Working...
      X