Airbox woes.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox woes.......

To start things off, I took my carbs off to disassemble and clean, all went well there. I took a look into the airbox and discovered holes rusted right through inside the box from the hose tube. I wound up buying one off ebay. thought I asked all the right questions and now that I got it and taking a look at it, the tube on it is quite loose and upon a closer look it appears to have started to rust away from the box. Is there any thing I can do to repair this?

Post some pictures...it helps decipher the problem.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

What bike and airbox are we talking about? if you ad this info to your signature it would be helpfull to members trying to help you.
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

I will get pics

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
          what bike and airbox are we talking about? If you ad this info to your signature it would be helpfull to members trying to help you.
          78' gs750e

Comment

this is a pic of the airbox that the tube is loose and rusting where it's attached inside, not able to get inside there to take a pic.
            the next is my original one and hopefully you can see where the hole is rusted right through,

Comment

lemme try this again.

Comment

Are you refering to metal pipe fitting at top of airbox?
                1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by md48377 View Post
                  lemme try this again.[ATTACH]18562[/ATTACH]
                  I see no rust hole I do see the vent tube pipe that a hose from the top of you valve cover should be hooked to. And the other air box from what can be seen in the pic does not look all that bad . If the little surface rust bothers you get it sand blaster and repaint it. I can't see a real problem here. Sorry
                  1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                  80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                  1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
                  83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                  85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                  1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                  “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                  If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                    Are you refering to metal pipe fitting at top of airbox?
                    down inside where the arrows are pointing the tube is starting to rust away from down in there where it's attached inside the box. this hole is circled and it is very much a hole. i really can't get a better pic you just have to take my word that there is a hole. Do I need to worry about it? If so any suggestions on how to repair either box? to my understanding from reading many , many threads here, the airbox should be
                    sealed tight.

Comment

sorry, as you can tell I'm not real good at this

Comment

Working...
                      X