MAC exhaust any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAC exhaust any good?

Just wondering if MAC exhausts were any good fit, finish and durability wise.

I have had a couple on different bikes, including the GS1000, but ended up getting a Kerker or Vance and Hines, instead. I think they are both better....
    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1352313915
    1979 GS1000

Comment

i have a mac 4-1 trumpet exhaust. take the silencer out and it sounds amazing.

Comment

I had a Mac 4 to 2. It was terrible. Sounded bad performed bad. And their customer service was a joke. I never could get the carbs adjusted. Mac told me I was out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by shinzon1 View Post
          I had a Mac 4 to 2. It was terrible. Sounded bad performed bad. And their customer service was a joke. I never could get the carbs adjusted. Mac told me I was out of luck.
          i never heard the twin tips, i had a little problem with the carb adjustment but now its good.

Comment

They're nothing special but about the only thing available for many bikes, especially sub-750 GS's. I put a MAC chrome meg on some 4-into-1 header I found on eBay and it worked fine and sounded okay on a GS550. No rejetting needed with the airbox. It would be interesting to see what a muffler shop or a fabricator could bend you out of stainless steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete's GS View Post
              They're nothing special but about the only thing available for many bikes, especially sub-750 GS's. I put a MAC chrome meg on some 4-into-1 header I found on eBay and it worked fine and sounded okay on a GS550. No rejetting needed with the airbox. It would be interesting to see what a muffler shop or a fabricator could bend you out of stainless steel.

stainless would be sexy

Comment

Had one on my GS1110ES and it was quiet and did not need any carb adjustments if I didn't open it up.

Comment

How about the black headers? Does the paint peel up? Because MAC is the only aftermarket exhaust (if it is another, I don't found it) I can buy for my GS400e 1983 and I can buy a set with black header or chrome.

Comment

The black system is more like a ceramic coating than a paint.
                    It still looked good after 30,000km on a Honda that i purchased.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

my 83 gs1100 came to me with a mac 4 into 1, jets and pods. it ran good. the pipes,originally black,were rusty by the time i got it. The baffle was ridiculously restrictive, with openings the size of a nickel, that forced the exhaust to do an s turn inside of the canister. I made a straight thru one that worked well. it gave more power, and still had acceptable sound levels.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                      X