Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb reuild fits

Hi all
    I am rebuiling my 1981 gsx 400 f and i can not seem to find a carbie kit for it . It is a mikuni bs26ss . Are the bs carb and the cv carb the same ????
    any help would be great
    regards
    john
    sydney australia

BS carbs are CV carbs, get all the parts you require from Suzuki,you cant go wrong then with cheap kits that dont work too well.

welcome to the site by the way.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Check with Cycleorings.com I believe he has the O ring kits for the twins. You don't need rebuild kits Just take your time to get them clean

Comment

Use this guide for all the parts and tools you will need to rebuild your carbs. Stay far, far away from aftermarket "rebuild kits" which contain inferior parts.

Comment

Hey me too John let me know if u have any luck

Comment

carb rebuild kits

Hi guzziboy
            i have rebuilded my carb's and seem to be fine .Lucky for me most of the jets etc clean up ok . Only have to replace a pilot jet and a fuel bowl gasket . i had most things ultra sonic clean ( main jet , pilot air jet ) . I got the replacments parts from motorcyclecarbs.com , pj motor sports , cmsnl.com and cycleorings.com. when i figure out how to put some pictures up i will show u them.
            john mc
            Last edited by Guest; 02-03-2013, 06:34 AM.

Comment

thats an awesome tutorial..I was using the Bikecliff sites one when i cleaned my carbies although the bike still doesnt start. I found that one of the bowls was dry when I reassembled, so back to the bench it goes. Ive got my bike sorted electrically it seems, so im hoping another clean job does it! My plugs were also dry (couldnt even smell fuel) so im kind of worried i either have an air leak or the thing just hasnt got enough compression..
              thanks for the info
              guz

Comment

pictures of my carbs

here are my bs 26 ss carb's all clean and ready to go

Comment

before and after ultra sonic cleaning

Comment

Originally posted by john mc View Post
                    what solution are you using in your U/S cleaner? those dont look as clean as they should be, they should come out like nice polished brass.
                    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

ultra sonic cleaner

Not sure but the little passage ways were all bloked and after cleaning the holes were clean . only had to give them a blast of compressed air .The needle jet and pilot jet are the one's that have been on the bike since new ( 32 year's ) . you would expect some colouring from being heated up and cooled down over the years .

Comment

mine are the fatefull BS26SS too..good old suzuki made sure it was impossible to buy orings for them anywhere. Im going to try and find someone here in melbourne that sells the vitrol orings and replace them all.

Comment

Be sure to check the o-rings behind the intake manifolds. If they are cracked or broken, you'll never get the bike to run right. You can get new o-rings from Robert Barr here on our forum.

Comment

yep im onto that..suzuki made the bs26 themselves with mikuni parts.im going to try get genuine parts from suzuki tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by john mc View Post
                              here are my bs 26 ss carb's all clean and ready to go
                              Originally posted by guzziboy View Post
                              mine are the fatefull BS26SS too.
                              Originally posted by guzziboy View Post
                              yep im onto that..suzuki made the bs26 themselves ...
                              OK, guys, what bike came with BS26SS carbs?

The smallest BS carbs that I know of came on all the bikes from the 550 to the 850, and they were BS32.
                              sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                              X