Delayed idle issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mash35231 View Post
    If valve clearance needs adjusted, where are you guys getting the new shims from? The dealer or some other supplier?
    Call me tomorrow. I have a stash of shims and can help you with the whole process.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by mash35231 View Post
      If valve clearance needs adjusted, where are you guys getting the new shims from? The dealer or some other supplier?
      If you have measured all your clearances and inventoried your shims, you can "guess-timate" what sizes you might need for your next valve adjustment. Z1Enterprises.com has the best prices on shims, around $6.60 each. (Wow, I remember just a few years ago they were less than $5.) Sometimes you can find them (used) in the back of some old bike shop and the owner will just let you trade them straight across or sell them cheap.

I've ordered a couple extra every time I did a valve check and now I have my own little collection of a couple of dozen. I won't have to order any for a while now.

I'm sure Mr. Steve, being a well-adjusted guy himself, will get your valves in spec. But you may want to order ahead for the next time so that it's a little more convenient for you.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Sorry Steve I haven't been on the computer in a couple days so I didn't see your post about the shims.

Comment

Working...
        X