Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! I can't get this piece into this other piece (Picture)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! I can't get this piece into this other piece (Picture)

I can't get this plastic piece back into it's spot, I load up the needle with the spring and washers and such and try to get this back in the two holes. I make sure to line it up, any tips on getting this back in?

Thank you!!

You will notice that the two holes are closer on one side than the other, it only goes in one way. Holding it by the very tip of your fingers or maybe a needle nose lower it and as it touches the bottom, turn it back and forth a little until it drops into place. Once it is in the holes properly, there should be room for the c-clip to fit into the groove. I custom ground the tips of some needle nose pliers to help with installing the clip.

Comment

Yes!!! That's it exactly... sorry mate when you PM'd me I'd completely forgotten that... definitely a one way only fit.
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Are you absolutely sure it is supposed to fit in? On my carbs, it won't and is not designed to. It almost looks like the center part of the plastic piece is larger than the hole in the slide.
        NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
        Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Be sure to pull your intake manifolds off and inspect the o-ring on the inside. If they are cracked or broken, replace them. You'll never get your bike to run right if one or more of those o-rings is bad. Don't ask me how I know this, but after pulling my carbs off and apart 3 times, I finally checked the o-rings and all 4 were bad. New o-rings from Robert Barr solved my carb issues copletely.

Comment

I tried to put this back in the other day and it was cake, thanks y'all just needed to clear my head and try again!

Comment

Working...
            X