Gs 1100 carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 1100 carb question

My gs 1100 has a leak and I'm having trouble fingering it out it coming from in between the 2 left side carbs looks like out of those tubes that connect them the thing I want to know is what is it going to take to fix this any feedback would be highly appreciated

Need more info. Is it a G, E or L? Does it run?

Search it first...

Basscliff's mega welcome goes over everything you should do to your bike before you start using it everyday.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Sounds like you need to pull the carbs and go through them with a thorough dipping and cleaning, and replace all the O-rings. You can purchase the O-Rings threw Mr. Barr, here on the site[that is your best deal] and order some bowl gaskets threw Z1 . All this info is available threw Bascliffs little welcome package. Also add your bike , and model, to you signature it will us from guessing making it easier to help you .
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Hi,

There's no need to cross-post your issue to more than one section. This is an active forum that sees lots of traffic in all areas.

See the maintenance lists in your "mega-welcome". Skipping ANY steps or taking short cuts will lead to frustration at least, and injury at worst.

Before you get the S.W.A.G., here is a little background on fuel leaks...

Overflowing Carbs

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. You'll find all kinds of helpful tips, procedures, manuals, diagrams, "how-to" guides, etc, in the links below. Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
        X