Good o-ring advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good o-ring advice

Howdy all, here is some really good advice if you are having what you think are carb issues. I rebuilt the carbs on my 83 GS1100G with all new parts, but it wouldn't idle/run right. I pulled the carbs off and went through everything again, but still the same issue. Finally, I read on this forum about checking the o-rings, so I pulled off the intake manifolds and discovered that all 4 o-rings were cracked. I ordered a new set from Robert Barr and installed them and now the bike runs perfect! The good advice is ALWAYS check those intake o-rings anytime you pull your carbs off for maintenance or modification. Thanks Robert for the great o-rings.

Hi,

This is good advice. For more information, I found this on some guy's website.

Mikuni BS(CV) Carburetor Rebuild Tutorial
    (Mr. Nessism)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I need to apologize to BassCliff for not giving him credit for fixing my o-ring problem. When I stated that I read on this forum about the o-rings issue, I should have stated correctly that I read on BassCliff's maintenance thread about the o-rings issue. I'm sorry BassCliff that I didn't properly give due credit to you and your great maintenance tips thread.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by retcol View Post
        I need to apologize to BassCliff for not giving him credit for fixing my o-ring problem. When I stated that I read on this forum about the o-rings issue, I should have stated correctly that I read on BassCliff's maintenance thread about the o-rings issue. I'm sorry BassCliff that I didn't properly give due credit to you and your great maintenance tips thread.
        Oh no, no, no! I wasn't looking for any recognition. I wasn't offended in the least. I am merely a collector of information and I like to be sure that people are pointed in the right direction to find it. A lot of the material on my little website was created by other members and I just try to keep it readily accessible for everyone.

I appreciate your willingness to avow to everyone that "Yes! These are the tried-and-true procedures that WILL get your bike running correctly. So don't mess around and just do it right the first time!"

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassClkiff
        Last edited by Guest; 02-09-2013, 10:26 PM.

Comment

I love this forum and all the members who are so willing to offer their help. What a great resource. Now if I'll just learn to read before I wrench!

Comment

Working...
          X