1980 GS550-E Carburetors Rubber Pilot plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS550-E Carburetors Rubber Pilot plug

I cannot seem to find a carb kit that hass the rubber pilot plug included. Mine are not reusable. They have tuned to a mushy consistency Does anyone know where to get a kit that includes these little plugs?.

Don't buy a carb kit, the stock Suzuki jets will be much much higher quality then what they'll give you. Just get some Berryman's carb dip and soak all the parts instead, then poke through the holes. You can get those little plugs from Boulevard Suzuki, or Z1 Enterprises (which is wayyy faster).

Comment

Thanks! My jets probably can stay in place. The bike sat for many years and I think a good deep cleaning is all they need. Those little plugs were the only stumbling block. I appreciate the information. My local dealer told me they are not available BUT considering how many of the these carbs there are out there, I found that hard to believe!

Comment

My signature has a link to a carb rebuild tutorial you may find helpful.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Gateway View Post
          Thanks! My jets probably can stay in place. The bike sat for many years and I think a good deep cleaning is all they need. Those little plugs were the only stumbling block. I appreciate the information. My local dealer told me they are not available BUT considering how many of the these carbs there are out there, I found that hard to believe!
          I don't know how to tell you this gently, so I will just say it.

To do a "good deep cleaning" of your carbs, YOUR JETS HAVE TO BE REMOVED, along with all the other stuff, so you can follow the directions in Nessism's guide that he just pointed out in his signature.

Last edited by Steve; 02-22-2013, 04:08 PM.
          sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Those rubber plugs are available, replaced mine when I rebuilt the carbs. Sometimes you have to go to a later year model with the same carbs to get some parts. For example: the rubber cover over the choke assembly, on a 80 model fiche, they don't show that part anymore, go to about an 83 they do. You just got to do some research at times.
            Last edited by mrbill5491; 02-22-2013, 12:29 PM.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Here ya go! And yes, all the previous comments are correct. You MUST completely strip the carbs to clean, replace o-rings, and make sure everything is where it needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead View Post
                Don't be scared off by the price you see there.

If you read it carefully and completely, you will see that the price is for ALL FOUR plugs, not just one.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I know the carbs have to be completely disassembled, I just meant that the jets can be reused.I have them all apart and soaking right now.Those pesky rubber plugs are the only thing my dealers says he could not get. I have since gone to a differnt dealer and he ordered them for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X