Damaged Carb Sleeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged Carb Sleeve

So I'm all excited and finally getting around to taking my carbs apart and what a pleasant surprise! The guy before me evidently could not unstick the sleeve and left it in there damaged. I did get it removed but there is no saving it. Whats the best course of action now?

Originally posted by Lawsaw18 View Post
    So I'm all excited and finally getting around to taking my carbs apart and what a pleasant surprise! The guy before me evidently could not unstick the sleeve and left it in there damaged. I did get it removed but there is no saving it. Whats the best course of action now?
    I can't really see or reconize the part your showing and I expect your talking about the carb boots that either connect the carbs to the head or the air box. If either of these parts (boots) are damaged, order new ones.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Comment

looks like a slide and diaphragm. Replace it. 34mm carbs? I may have a replacement pm me
        1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
        80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
        1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
        83 gs750ed- first new purchase
        85 EX500- vintage track weapon
        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
        “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
        If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
        X