Thanks to Eric Bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Eric Bang

I was having so much trouble getting my GS1100G to run correctly, I pulled and recleaned the carbs twice with no improvement. Eric suggested I was running too lean and needed to up my main jets from 120 to 127.5. He also suggested that I replace the plastic block on the slide needle with four 3mm washers and replace the intake o-rings. Eric sent me the jets, washers and new o-rings. I did as he suggested and now my bike runs like a banshee! Much more power, better acceleration, no stutter off idle and revs to red line like a rocket. Thanks Eric for your help.

Yup....He's helped me a lot too. I miss his bike night photos.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

reinstate eric
      reinstate eric
      reinstate eric
      reinstate eric
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Chuck I thought you were the kind to follow the rules at all costs. He broke them and did it more than once. I think we all just need to accept it and move on
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

SCOT...WHERES YOUR SENSE OF SARCASTIC HUMOR????? He isnt any more a pain in the butt than me or anyone else here. Hit the ignore button or just dont respond is all one really needs to do.
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Ouch! I'm sorry I stepped on anybody's toes, but he did help me alot and I appreciated that.

Comment

Didnt step on mine..Eric and me are good friends actually..I posted to pizz the anti Erics off..in a sarcastic kinda way.

He is lurking and probably laughing his nutbag off right now.

Comment

Nothing wrong with thanking someone who helped you, and he is a helpful person. Chuck just has a chronic muffin deficiency.
                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

CMD Allie??? Does the center for disease control know about this ailment?

Comment

Originally posted by retcol View Post
                    Ouch! I'm sorry I stepped on anybody's toes, but he did help me alot and I appreciated that.
                    Eric was banned from the forum for being a jerk. I'm glad he was able to help you and all but why did you post this?
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Because Eric most likely asked him to to try to convince Frank that he is useful & wanted here would be my guess Ed. Ray.

Comment

...Aaaaand it's official, the drama has landed. We can count on pages of pointless debate on an old subject because people can't just let it go. You can count on it. You do it to yourselves....
                        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Hey fellows, I didn't know any of this stuff, how could I? I just joined the forum. The simple fact is I like to recognize and thank folks who go out of their way to help me and Eric did help me. Thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by retcol View Post
                            Hey fellows, I didn't know any of this stuff, how could I? I just joined the forum. The simple fact is I like to recognize and thank folks who go out of their way to help me and Eric did help me. Thats it.
                            So should I start a thread thanking my next door neighbor that let me borrow his truck to go pick up a new project bike?
                            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                              ...Aaaaand it's official, the drama has landed. We can count on pages of pointless debate on an old subject because people can't just let it go. You can count on it. You do it to yourselves....
                              I agree, Allie. I never posted my opinion, nor do I think it serves any useful purpose to bring up old news once again.
                              I would like a muffin though.

Comment

Working...
                              X