Flatslide carbs for gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flatslide carbs for gs750

Hello everyone Im new here love the site its a wealth of useful information but for me I'm just starting my first bike build on a gs750 and may be a novice question but I'm trying to find the best flatslide carbs to fit second hand or new does'nt matter I want to try and get a bit more poke out the engine though any advice out there ?

welcome! what year gs750 are you working on? (pics help). Running right,all these critters have plenty of "poke" - have you had much experience working on bikes, or is this a new learning adventure?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Hello Tom this is a new learning adventure for me so I have limited knowledge of working on bikes I've got a pic of the engine in the bike it used to be part of if that would help but I cant seem to figure out how to upload the picture...DOH... I know its a GS750E and will have a look for some numbers on it if that helps

Comment

Comment

If you go to my album or save image you may be able to see it in a larger scale coz the photos actually pretty good

Comment

29mm smooth bores work well on 750 34mm flat slides also work well none of which are cheep ! what neck of the woods are ya from ?
            Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

am I right in thinking both of these use pod filters gonna steer clear of the air box and wheres best to pick them up having real trouble finding carbs for sale (not too worried about the money coz a project takes as long as its gonna so will do a bit of saving)

Comment

you could go new for the 34's at http://www.sudco.com/ClassicBikes.html or yes from Flebay or http://www.dragbike.com/ or even put a add in our want parts section. As far as pods go you could jet the carbs for anything you want. If your going to use pods Go with K&N's more money but they work the BEST

Where do ya live ?
                Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Aldershot been wracking my brain heres an item number for ebay would these suit ?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3707682229...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

Lovely links Anthony cheers

Comment

Originally posted by GaZ View Post
                      Lovely links Anthony cheers
                      Those ARE NOT 29mm, Those are 26mm and they are stock for your bike or gs1000 not a performance up grade. 29's have a large bolt in the center of the float bowls 29mm are doing $500.00 or more

Comment

honestly, since you say you have limited knowledge working on bikes, i would focus on getting it running perfectly in stock configuration first. i think running flatsides and pods is for sure going to require some experimentation with jetting, just be ready for an adventure with that. just my .02.

greg
                        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                          honestly, since you say you have limited knowledge working on bikes, i would focus on getting it running perfectly in stock configuration first. i think running flatsides and pods is for sure going to require some experimentation with jetting, just be ready for an adventure with that. just my .02.

greg
                          My thoughts exactly, with limited knowledge you are better off making it run the way it is suppose to before you try and modify the thing. Running right the bike will have some pretty good power. It will never perform like a newer so don't try and make it compare to one. But running right I don't believe you will be disappointed.
                          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Thanks Greg and HjFisk good words of advice I will take heed thanks also Anthony for your help gonna take my time and get it stock then I'll get some pics when I get there thanks chaps

Comment

Working...
                            X