exhaust gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust gaskets

Iv'e got an 81' 1100e with a 4 to 1 kerker. Said pipe neede to be removed every time i change the oil filter. my question is, do you guys change those aluminum crush gaskets every time you pull the pipe, or can a guy get away with re-using them a time or two? Thanks for any input...Ray...

I reuse mine. You can tell when they start to leak or fall apart.

Comment

I use two gaskets for each pipe with my Vance and Hines 4-1. It seems to seal much better that way. I have had the pipes off half a dozen times for various reasons without having to change them.
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
        I use two gaskets for each pipe with my Vance and Hines 4-1. It seems to seal much better that way. I have had the pipes off half a dozen times for various reasons without having to change them.
        Same here, I use double exhaust seals in each exhaust port as well to seal my 4:1 header on my '81 1100E. They've been reused sveral times now, with no issues...
        '85 GS550L - SOLD
        '85 GS550E - SOLD
        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
        '81 GS750L - SOLD
        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Thats good to know. Thanks guys......Ray.......

Comment

Working...
          X