Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs850g carb setup

Hi all!
    Just picked up a 1982 gs850g. The throttle cable and choke cable are just kind of hanging there, not attached to anything. There looks like one cable mounting bracket, it seems to be in between where I would expect the throttle cable mounting bracket and the choke cable mounting bracket to be.
    So I'm assuming I'm missing a bracket? Or something else simple?

Does anyone have photos of:
    a) the carb, showing the mounting of the throttle and choke cables?
    b) the mounting of the throttle cable?
    c) the mounting of the choke cable?

Thanks so much!!
    mike

Not sure if I have a picture, but the '82 carbs should have a forked bracket above and between carbs 2&3, and just to the left of that, a curved tube that comes down near #2 and curves over toward 3&4.

The "choke" cable goes through the curved tube and into some catches in the rod between 3&4.

The throttle cable is held by locknuts that go on either side of the forked bracket and ends in the pulley that is attached to #3.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Welcome, head to this link for knowledge overload

to get you going, here's a pic (the throttle cable is unmarked, but there)
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        to get you going, here's a pic (the throttle cable is unmarked, but there)
        Nice picture, but wrong year.

sigpic
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

OK, found a picture and marked it up for you.

sigpic
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. sillymike,

I have lots of pictures of the maintenance I've performed on my GS850 available on my little website. It's not the same year but it's close enough, especially if you download a manual. See the links below for lots of GS850G lovin.

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. You'll find all kinds of helpful tips, procedures, manuals, diagrams, "how-to" guides, etc, in the links below. Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
            X