Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1979 gs750 need help with syncing carbs?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 gs750 need help with syncing carbs?!

Well, i finally have the bike running, and i tried to sync the carbs. I couldn't find a definative way to do it on the VM's so im trying my best. Right now on the carb tune its showing all the bars level at 18, yet, when i rev the bike it pauses, then takes off. To me this sounds like a lean problem but havn't been able to read the new plugs. Any ideas?

synching carbs will not tell you if the bike is running lean or not, it is a mechanical adjustment to ensure all the slides are at the same height as each other. this gives smooth tickover and nothing else.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

im aware of that, but why would, when they look to be synced, does it just take off like that? Lean right?

Comment

Stock airbox and pipes and valves adjusted?
        Last edited by earlfor; 03-17-2013, 07:07 PM.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Originally posted by NBraun View Post
          im aware of that, but why would, when they look to be synced, does it just take off like that? Lean right?
          it does not matter if they are synched or not, if its running lean,then its lean.
          you should ignore the synching part out of the question
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Pods and headers. pulled the plugs and they're going black. It ran somewhat before winter, can't quite figure this out. Mixture screws screwed in one turn from flush. Idle maxed out. Stock pilot, but its still running rich. Ive replaced the o-rings too.

Comment

Pods and headers. pulled the plugs and they're going black. It ran somewhat before winter, can't quite figure this out. Mixture screws screwed in one turn from flush. Idle maxed out. Stock pilot, but its still running rich. Ive replaced the o-rings too.
              Did you dip the carbs before replacing the o-rings?
              With pods & header you will need to up the main jet to 117.5 - 122.5 , what jet do you have in there now?
              Some pods are sh!te and you'll never get it running right. Hopefully you have K&N's, right?
              -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

There's a 110 in there now. But I'll just go put the mufflers back on. Before winter it would pull smooth throughout the rpm range, with the crappy pods. (i bought the cheap ones because i just wanted to get it running)

Comment

There's a 110 in there now. But I'll just go put the mufflers back on. Before winter it would pull smooth throughout the rpm range, with the crappy pods. (i bought the cheap ones because i just wanted to get it running)
                  Not a bad idea going with what you know works.
                  -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
                  X