Replacement air inlets for syncing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement air inlets for syncing?

I heard someone speak of replacing the manifold vacuum inlets bolts with adapters from Kawasaki(?) which can use a simple plugs/covers when you are not syncing your carbs. This would be very handy. Anyone use these and know where I should get them, and maybe even know the part numbers?

This would be for a 80GS1100E and 82GS1100GL (I assume they would be the same).

Thanks,
    -Bob

unless your inlet boots are in need of replacement anyway, it seems like a waste of money to buy a whole new set of boots just to make things a little bit easier maybe once a year!
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      unless your inlet boots are in need of replacement anyway, it seems like a waste of money to buy a whole new set of boots just to make things a little bit easier maybe once a year!
      It is not the boots. These are the inlet screw holes on the aluminum head where you attach the carb sync hoses.

Here is a picture from the service manual of one of the bolts being removed

Comment

ah, i see now. some bikes have the adaptors in the boots themselves. you could easily get some adaptors made, probably cheaper than buying OEM items
        1978 GS1085.

Comment

ah, i see now. some bikes have the adaptors in the boots themselves. you could easily get some adaptors made, probably cheaper than buying OEM items
          You could be right, few of those old parts are cheap for our now "vintage" classic machines. Seems we are transitioning from economical old bikes to historic money pits!

Comment

I installed a set of tubes on my son's CBRF2 and just cap them off when we're not syncing. Saves a TON of time to do the sync job.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
              I installed a set of tubes on my son's CBRF2 and just cap them off when we're not syncing. Saves a TON of time to do the sync job.
              That's what I am looking for. Also the adapters which came with the Carbtune are plastic, which will wear out fast.

Comment

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
                http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Perfect! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by littleroot View Post
                    Perfect! Thanks
                    make sure you order the 5mm adapters, not 6mm
                    1978 GS1085.

Comment

make sure you order the 5mm adapters, not 6mm
                      Yes, I caught that! Thanks!

Comment

I think Jeff at Z1 can just get you the brass adapters for replacing the cheap plasic ones.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

If you get them, and 5MM would be correct I believe, use one of the small circular ratchets to tighten the 8MM bolt with, They are brass and very easy to twist off. I use mine to connect a 4MM silicon vacuum hose from1-4 and 2-3 as well as syncing. These help, hoses or caps soften up with heat and tend to leak. http://www.amazon.com/Spring-Loaded-.../dp/B005AKDRZU
                          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
                            If you get them, and 5MM would be correct I believe, use one of the small circular ratchets to tighten the 8MM bolt with, They are brass and very easy to twist off. I use mine to connect a 4MM silicon vacuum hose from1-4 and 2-3 as well as syncing. These help, hoses or caps soften up with heat and tend to leak. http://www.amazon.com/Spring-Loaded-.../dp/B005AKDRZU
                            The Suzuki inlets from z1 are 5mm, but the clamps should be 6mm?

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
                              Wait, you do what? Connect 1 and 4, and also 2 and 3? Why?

Comment

Working...
                              X