No announcement yet.

Replacement air inlets for syncing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure you get the 5MM adapters, It had been so long ago that I ordered mine, that I forgot that they carry two sizes.
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
      I had no idea these were available! I'll be placing my order ASAP. I own too damn many GS's now and this looks like a real time saver! On my XS1100 it had the ports already in the boot and it was so much quicker and easier to sync the carbs but as has been said before a good clamp is needed to keep the cap on
      why are people so concerned about "saving time" when it comes to synching carbs? it takes about 10 minutes to fit the adapters when needed and its not like you have to do it every day!!!!!!
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
        why are people so concerned about "saving time" when it comes to synching carbs? it takes about 10 minutes to fit the adapters when needed and its not like you have to do it every day!!!!!!
        Well because it's an intelligent thing to do. I have no problems getting the screws out but I have struggled getting them back in many times with my not so nimble fingers. Too me this is a no brainer, purchase has been made!

Comment

Well because it's an intelligent thing to do. I have no problems getting the screws out but I have struggled getting them back in many times with my not so nimble fingers. Too me this is a no brainer, purchase has been made!
          if you swap them to allen head bolts, removal and refitting is so much easier, but just think what you could do in that extra 10 minutes you save once a year, roll a spliff maybe?......
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Tom had changed them to hex so removing is no problem. It was just getting in the little plastic adapters which came with the carbtune which was the problem.

Lots of good suggestions here - good thread!

Thanks,
            -Bob

Comment

I got my Turboboost vacuum line today for connecting 1-4 and 2-3. It's 4MM ID and 10MM OD. It's some pretty impressive stuff, supposed to withstand something like 75lbs without a clamp without blowing off. Looks like it's going to be the long term solution. It's getting clamps anyway because of the short Z1 adapters. I also found a link for better high heat caps. http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCt...54344087987953
              Last edited by OldVet66; 03-22-2013, 06:30 PM.
              '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
                I got my Turboboost vacuum line today for connecting 1-4 and 2-3. It's 4MM ID and 10MM OD. It's some pretty impressive stuff, supposed to withstand something like 75lbs without a clamp without blowing off. Looks like it's going to be the long term solution. It's getting clamps anyway because of the short Z1 adapters. I also found a link for better high heat caps. http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCt...54344087987953
                Is this the same stuff?

Comment

It looks like it but I got it for less. http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index...3e6965ae7d399f

Comment

Another good reason to stay with the stock setup:

Motion Pro junk

I was able to get out the rest of it out of the manifold with an easy out by hand. JUNK!

Comment

Originally posted by littleroot View Post

Motion Pro junk

I was able to get out the rest of it out of the manifold with an easy out by hand. JUNK!
                      Is that the same one from Z1? If it is I'm going to be bummed out

Comment

A heavy hand on the wrench, It's thin brass after all.

Comment

I did not use a wrench, just a nut runner/screwdriver. I just tried to make it snug.

Comment

Is that the same one from Z1? If it is I'm going to be bummed out

That is where I got it, yes. Suddenly the plastic ones don't look so bad. Sigh

Comment

I broke one when I first got them, been using them ever since I ordered the replacement for the one I broke. They are easy to break, but snugged up properly they work fine. I tapped a little flat blade screwdriver in the one I twisted off, and it screwed right out. They are not junk, brass just takes different handling from steel. The plastic ones have no feel to them, It's hard to tell if they are threading or cross threading.
                              Last edited by OldVet66; 03-31-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X