Dynojet kits - Stage 1 & 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynojet kits - Stage 1 & 3

I need a dynojet kit for my 82 1100EZ, I notice they list them as stage 1 & 3, where is stage 2? lol
    can somebody explain to me the difference between 1 and 3 ? is just different jetting and different tapered needles?
    My bike has the factory airbox with the lid removed, a V&H 4into1 etc. I would think a stage 3 would be fine with this?

stage 1 would be suitable for your set up. stage 3 is for pods or belmouths, mild engine tuning and a 4 into 1.
    stage 1 is purely for a pipe and maybe a better breathing air filter in stock airbox
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

What exactly does the stock air filter look like? mine is a round style filter, metal screen with foam in it, sort of like a K&N is made.. thats what came with it so I don't know even know if its factory or not lol

Comment

Originally posted by evh View Post
        What exactly does the stock air filter look like? mine is a round style filter, metal screen with foam in it, sort of like a K&N is made.. thats what came with it so I don't know even know if its factory or not lol
        sounds like a stock filter. it should have a suzuki part number stamped on it somewhere
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

A Stage 3 kit contains everything a Stage 1 kit contains plus extra jets in case you decide to upgrade later. For the small difference in price I would just get the Stage 3 kit and set the extra parts aside for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
            A Stage 3 kit contains everything a Stage 1 kit contains plus extra jets in case you decide to upgrade later. For the small difference in price I would just get the Stage 3 kit and set the extra parts aside for the time being.
            Thats what I was going to do.. the kit I was looking at purchasing is a Stage 1&3 kit.
            I'll check the air filter for a suzuki part number..
            thanks for the info guys

Comment

You also want to use the lid on the air box and seal it for leaks with weatherstripping. The stage 1 kit is designed for stock air box with more free flowing pipes. It should also cover a more free flowing filter in the stock sealed box. The combination kit might be worth it if you decide to go with pods later.
              '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

I ordered a stage 3 for my gs750L. I plan on running pods and drag pipes

Comment

Tweak

You never said why you needed a Carb Kit.
                  Does it "run like crap"?
                  If there is a performance issue, then sure,,..
                  If it runs fine, then,,.. why?
                  I have installed a Stage 1 on a pretty much stock bike.
                  Most bikes were (1980s) jetted Rich right from factory, even for Sea Level.
                  That way they don't burn up engines (too lean).
                  Fuel economy was Low and the bike wouldn't idle at less than 2000RPM at 7000' (room temperature).
                  At 12,000' (Colorado) it wouldn't idle below 4000RPM.
                  Some carbs came with fixed needles (not adjustable).
                  I installed the kit and ended up at the Lean end of the adjustments, but it was the correct settings, and not lean.
                  Now the bike always starts right away, idles perfectly, runs fine at altitude and pulls straight thru to (and past) Red Line.
                  Fuel mileage much improved.
                  The proper way to tell is to pull a Spark Plug after a run and pay attention to the Roll On performance as per the included instructions.
                  The Kit allows for different Jets and Needle heights to get it right for your altitude, temps (and performance mods).
                  Setting the Carb Sync properly first is automatically assumed.
                  The needles can have a different Length, Taper and even a Curved Taper.
                  For CV carbs the replacement return springs can have different progressive rates.
                  Drilling the Vacum Lift Holes larger will increase the Slide Lift Rate when snapping Throttle Open.
                  For more information, compare the Parts List between Stage 1 and Stage 3.
                  I figure I've made the $100 back on fuel saved alone.
                  I recommend the Dynojet kits, but do it for the right reasons.
                  Oh, ya, write Everything Down as you do adjustments and even the settings you have now, before any changes.

Comment

Drag pipes will be a huge mistake, both sound and performance wise on a 4 cyl

Comment

Hi! I'm from Malaysia and am installing a DynoJet Stage kit on my '82 1100EZ and am getting confused with all the possibilities. Currently my bike is running on a single K&N air filter in the original air box with lid intact as well as a 4in1 V&H exhaust. I understand that I should go for the Stage 1 main jet because I am not using pods. Should I change the pilot air jets to the optional ones that come with the kit ( DH160 } or not? Thanks and sorry for crashing in on your posting.
                      Last edited by wan3417; 02-03-2018, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X