Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 1980 mikuni cv32 carbs

hi all
    this is my first thread so go easy just prchased my chopper of my dreams with the great gs engine in it well an 750 barrel head and pistons on an 850 shaft drive bottoml {so i was told} !!!! right my problem is its never run right since i got it !! i stripped the carbs and had them proffesionaly cleaned as was told they were 1980 gs 850 carbs been playing with jets and needle positions have got it almost there with 114 mains and needle on 2nd clip down from the top.can any tell me if i get a dyno jet kit for a gs750 in gs 850 carbs would there be a problem as from 1980 onwards they both used mikuni bs32 just diff internals. as i no the standard 850 jetting is to rich for 750 bores

im running slash cut 4 into 2 exhausts with baffles and 4 x k&n pod filters

thanks for any help and i hope it all makes sense

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. devon boxer,

Most of us here are not fans of "professionally" cleaned carbs. We're a real DIY crowd because most bike shops don't care about these old bikes like we do. You'll find most of what you need for regular maintenance on the GSR homepage and my little website.

You'll find stock carb jetting specs on my little website. But with your modifications you will have to experiment by reading the spark plugs after some "plug chops". Those procedures are also on my website.

A "114" main jet? Is that a typo or a DJ jet number? The Mikuni jets use a different numbering system than Dynojet. You'll find Mr. salty_monk's conversion spreadsheet on my website or you can Google a conversion chart, they're all over the internet.

Normally, with pipes and pods, you will have to go up a few sizes (4 to 6) on the main jets and the richen up the midrange by raising the needles a notch or two. It sounds like you have lowered the needle a notch.

Anyway, here are some links that I hope will give you some pertinent information. It's your "mega-welcome".

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. You'll find all kinds of helpful tips, procedures, manuals, diagrams, "how-to" guides, etc, in the links below. Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
    X