83 gs1100e exhaust on an 82 gs1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs1100e exhaust on an 82 gs1100e

I have been in and out of this site for years just looking at the interesting threads. I have an 82 GS1100e(z), i have owned this bike for over 6 years, one of the best bikes ever in my opinion. The reason for this thread is to introduce a question on exhaust fitment. I found a set of nice (black chrome) original exhaust system from a 83 gs1100e. I currently have a kerker 4 into 1, my question is what parts will I need to securely fit the 83 exhaust onto a 82. I do not have my original pipes so I am unsure if I need collars for the 83 set. Also placement might be an issue mounting on to the rear peg brackets. Any info would be appriciated

You will need all of the mounting collars but the 82 & 83 systems are interchangeable, direct bolt ons. Ray.

Comment

thanks a bunch

Comment

Will you be selling the Kerker?
        1982 GS1000S Katana
        1982 GS1100E

Comment

Wow, '83 GS1100ED on a '82 EZ, nice black set of mufflers, now that's a rare find indeed. Those things are very hard to keep looking nice black.
          Here's your parts,
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

pano

Pano,

I might consider selling the kerker set up, although i do want to wait and see if i like the stock system better. I'm a original kind of guy so i hope they perform like they should. If everything works out and i want to sell them i will message you.

I broke down and bought main jets 112 (7$ each) to compensate for the nice original air box set up i got also. I am excited to here this bike in its true form.

Also does any one have a light control unit that sits under the tank that they know works 100%. My bike has flicking light on dash and have narrowed it to this control unit. Thanks

sedelen,

A local guy parted out his GS and it pretty much was 100% stock, once i found that they would fit, i snatched a bunch of parts from it.
            They sure do look sexy with the aluminum motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Floriojj View Post
              light control unit that sits under the tank .
              I have 3 and each one has a different flicker .

Are those old Juke Boxes ?
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

bonanzadave,
                yes they are old jukeboxes, actually they are more newer than the ones i like, its like a 3rd hobby i have.

It seems as though it is hard to find a used light control unit, i might buckle down and buy a new one online for 89.00.

Comment

Before you buy a new one, take off your tank and make sure your existing one is completely plugged in. If it is still bad, PM me, I have a used one for sale.

Comment

Hi,

1. The 83 pipes have a larger exit path than the 82 pipes (needed to work properly with the more aggressive cams in 83 motors). So they will not work as well as 82 pipes.

2. Depending on where you are, I have a set of 82 pipes that are perfect that I might consider trading for the stock 83 pipes.

Pano,

If you need a nice 4 into 1, I several to choose from if you're interested.

Scott

Originally posted by Floriojj View Post
                    Pano,

I might consider selling the kerker set up, although i do want to wait and see if i like the stock system better. I'm a original kind of guy so i hope they perform like they should. If everything works out and i want to sell them i will message you.

I broke down and bought main jets 112 (7$ each) to compensate for the nice original air box set up i got also. I am excited to here this bike in its true form.

Also does any one have a light control unit that sits under the tank that they know works 100%. My bike has flicking light on dash and have narrowed it to this control unit. Thanks

sedelen,

A local guy parted out his GS and it pretty much was 100% stock, once i found that they would fit, i snatched a bunch of parts from it.
                    They sure do look sexy with the aluminum motor.
                    Scott
                    1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
                    1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
                    1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
                    2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate :) 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
                    sigpic

Comment

I will take my chances with the 83 pipes, larger exit that means more can spent gases can depart quicker. glad i went a little bigger with main jets. stock is 110 i put 112

I just got the collars today and installed, fired up, idles and revs up like a champ with the stock set-up, tomorrow i will take it for a spin and see how everything functions under a load.

Thewiz,

i will inspect wiring tomorrow and let you know, does yours function as it should?, no lights were flicking or on when you had it plugged up to a good bike?

thanks for all the help guys

Comment

Working...
                      X