No announcement yet.

Changed jets and engine problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry it happened last week and I couldn't tell exactly where the leak is coming from.

Comment

I would remove the cover and catch any oil in a clean bowl to put back in the motor after re-seating the cover. It's real easy to screw up the oil filter cover O-ring. I daub dielectric grease in the groove and then press in the O-ring. It stays in when you seat the cover that way and lasts through several oil changes if you happen to get a filter missing the O-ring. The nuts just need to be good and snug. They are easy to wring off, so a small 1/4" ratchet on the 10MM cap nut with one finger on the handle would tighten them nicely.
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Just get the jet change out of your mind. Nothing done in or around the carbs will cause an oil leak. It's just a coincidence that the leak started after you fiddled with the carbs.

Comment

Either the seal went bad and/or the filter cover came loose. Where is the oil pressure sensor located on a 79 750? Is it located on the filter cover? If so, check that they go bad as well and will seep oil. The one on my 80 750 did.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
          X