85 GS450L carb "pin" fell out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 GS450L carb "pin" fell out...

So I tore the carbs apart getting ready for a soak and a rebuild. O-rings should be here this week.

When I deganged the carbs from the rails and was taking the choke slider out I heard a clunk and looked down and this "pin" was laying on the bench. Not sure what this "pin" is and where it came from.

Looking on the exploded diagram, I cannot find this "pin". Does anyone have an idea of what this is and more importantly where it came from. I cannot see what keeps it in place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

if those are CV carbs, I never had one like that in mine anywhere, it actualy looks like a half of a float pin to me. ODD I think.
    if you don't see in a parts Diagram and nothing is missing to put em back together. make a trophy out of it.

Comment

Between your carbs there is an adjustment screw, This is what you use to synch the carbs.

That pin looks like it belongs there in the middle to push up on that tab while the adjustment screw pushes down.

So now you might be looking for a spring too...
      Last edited by Mekanix; 03-31-2013, 10:26 PM.
      Stephen.
      1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
      1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
      Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
      GS twin wiki

Comment

Thanks Stephen:

I think you got a winner there....now on to search for the spring. Who knows where that thing went to...

Comment

YAY!!!!
          My daughter found the spring!
          The carbs are now doing the backstroke!

Comment

Working...
          X