34 or 36mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

34 or 36mm

I guess this is a better place to put this question. I'm putting an 1100 in my 750. I just discovered that the 1100 carbs are bigger than my 750's. guessing 34's and 36's. my dilemma is, that the new intake boots I bought don't seem to fit the bigger carbs. I don't have time to order bigger ones. How will the 1100 run with the smaller carbs, or will the new boots stretch enough to fit the bigger ones???
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

The 750 came with 32mm carbs, the 1100 had 34s.

I would not trust the boots to stretch that much.

How will it run with 32s? The low end will not be too bad, probably even sharpen the response a bit, but the high end will be lacking a bit.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Stock 1100 carbs are 34mm.

1150 carbs are 36mm

Nic
      83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Thanks Steve. I guess I really don't have a choice at the moment. I'll just have to get new kits in the future to get the 34's on her. We're heading to Brown county next month and I really don't want to attend a bike rally in my Kia. Lol
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I am thinking that my 140 jets should still be good for them. It was a touch rich on the top end anyway.
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Almost done with the 32's. my son is coming over tomorrow to help get the 750 out of the frame, and the build marches on.
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
              I am thinking that my 140 jets should still be good for them. It was a touch rich on the top end anyway.
              140 Mikuni is pretty big for a stock 1100; is your modded?

Comment

Working...
              X