Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts for choke assembly on carb?

Had to link to this auction so people have a clue what I am talking about:

I didn't even realize what this was when I took it off, but apparently its all part of the choke assembly. I am rebuilding the carbs and the gasket shown in this pic looks really crappy on mine, but I can't seem to find any part of this assembly in any parts diagrams anywhere. The needle thing inside also has a rubber seat in it which is looking pretty old.

/begin rant
    The lack of basic parts for these carbs is rather annoying, I think I am used to the marine industry where I can get oddball oem or aftermarket parts with no issue. I can order factory carb kits with every rubber part and a new needle and seat for johnson/evinrude carbs back to at least the 50's but I can't seem to get basic mikuni carb parts from the 80's. I haven't yet even figured out if Suzuki ever sold a real "kit" for these with all the necessary parts.
    /end rant

Unfortunately what happened was that Mikuni made a carb... then Suzuki bought them and said do x y and z to them to make them Suzuki specific... at least that's what I believe from what I've found along the way. Hence why you can't get pilot jets for them without the bleed holes down the side...

On Alpha Sports fiche, number 34 is the gasket, part #13436-44010.

However as for the choke internal parts, yeah that's not gonna happen.

Mine all cleaned up well and are perfectly functional, I just replaced the gaskets.
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
      On Alpha Sports fiche, number 34 is the gasket, part #13436-44010.
      But please keep in mind that if you order from Alpha, you will be paying a LOT more than you will anyplace else.

Have you gotten the "Welcome Package" from BassCliff? He has a good list of vendors in there.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yup got the welcome wagon.

Thanks for the part number, I kept missing it because they felt that 34 wasn't important enough to put in the diagram near as I can tell and "gasket" isn't terribly descriptive.
        I had actually looked at the diagram from motosport about a million times and same as here they have it in the list but not in the diagram and the description is worthless.

Amusingly enough it now turns out the carb is junk (WAY corroded inside and its not cleaning up) so I'll just be getting a different set off ebay to rebuild now. I did get a like new set of diaphragms and a few other nice bits out of these though, so I will have handy spares for the distant future.

Comment

Solid advice as usual Steve Yes Alpha Sports aren't exactly the cheapest...

You got spare diaphragms? Now that is a bonus
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
          X