CV Carb Diaphram Cover Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Carb Diaphram Cover Swap

I have some 34mm CV carbs on my GS1100 and have purchaced some 36mm 1150 carbs. And was wondering if any one has swapped the aluminum diaphram covers from the 34's onto the 36's which have the metal covers. Without any running issues.They seem to be the same phsically but was not sure of the inner volume amounts, cc's etc. Were the same and would allow the slides to operate properly.I have not measured them yet with a caliper or whatever. I have placed them on tightened them and pressed up the slides and they go all the way up. But it seems like I feel a little more resistance vacume wise. A little slower going up and dropping down. Like as if there is less space up under there slowing things down. I havn't drilled the slide lift holes yet but am planning to. I was just wanting to replace them for cosmetic purposes where as I can polish up the aluminum.I seen in the Suzuki CV carb cleaning tutorial where they said they replaced some with these "nifty" aluminum covers. Just wondering if anyone has tried this personally. Again without running issues.And Thanks to "all" everyone has really helped me alot latley. Hope I may return the same if possible.
    sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Shouldn't make any difference

Comment

I'm running the same combo on my bike & love the extra power this swap brings to an already powerful bike. Just added the Dynojet stage 3 kit. The only issue I can see with the different tops is if the spring height changes. I'd compare the shape of the tops & compare springs sizes side by side.

Paul
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

As long as the bolts in the 'corners' line up, you will be fine.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

On the carb rebuild tutorial on Basscliff's site, a set of 1150 carbs is rebuilt, and they have the aluminum covers swapped on at the end.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
          X