Unsure if i should?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsure if i should?

Just wondering if i change my exhaust on my 1985 gs 400e do i need to get my carbs jetted?

I would think it would depend on what type of exhaust your replacing yours with.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Without more information its hard to say. Are we talking stock pipes, aftermarket, what brand, two into one. What exactly?

If the pipes are aftermarket they are often less restrictive than stock. Less restriction means the engine will run leaner so you will need to increase fuel flow by changing up the jets i.e. higher numbered jets.

Often, you may not be able to tell what you're facing until the pipes are on and you are able to roadtest for performance. If you find the bike is not performing the way it did or it coughing, spluttering or backfiring, you will then need to experiment with different size jets.

It is a difficult question to answer without more detail but if they are not stock pipes then most likely, you will need to rejet.

Spyug

Comment

Im not changing the exhaust pipes themselves just the mufflers (i guess i should of specified) going to be changing them with http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintag...-80-03310.html

Comment

Working...
        X