something simple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something simple?

Hi guys i'd tucked my GS850 toward the back of the workshop until today but thought i'd fire it up. Some time ago i'd put a very early set of slide carbs on it - I've done nothing much with it since. Instead of putting the petrol tank on (which i'd just sealed and removed the tap from) i put a a small container with a pipe to the t juction between carbs 2 & 3. Bike started after some trying but it's clearly struggling on 3&4?

I was tempted to think it was a fuel thing and that a pipe needed connecting to feed 3&4 but by my reckoning there is normally only one pipe going from the petrol tank to between 2&3 (see t junction above) and that should feed all four carbs? Am i missing something simple here (there seems other pipe junctions on the carbs) or might my problem lie with an electrical fault?

yep, you need to block off the vacuum pipe on the carbs that normally runs to the pet cock.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      yep, you need to block off the vacuum pipe on the carbs that normally runs to the pet cock.
      Agemax, your a star - was hoping it was simple (much like myself!)

Comment

Working...
      X