gs750 sputter and popping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750 sputter and popping

hello there. my dad has a 78 gs750 that he bought last summer. it had 6k on it when he bought it. original mint condition. anyway it has a funny sputter on the middle right cylinder. it also doesn't seem to have much power and does not
    impress him at all. he is in fear that it is a bad head gasket making a lean mixture. I was thinking it could just be the carbs are out of sync. so I was wondering if this is common or if anyone has experienced something similar. once we can get this figured out then I will be able to talking him into pod filters and a new exhaust. right now it's so gutless my dt400 walks all over it at all speeds.

"middle right cylinder" - does the petcock vacuum line connect to this same cylinder? maybe it's not in original mint condition and is not flowing enough gas to carbs and/or leaking down this vac line fouling this cylinder out.
    Did you take a peak at air filter element- lots of maintenace issues need checking.
    Take a visit to this link- running right, this bike should scare your dad with its power.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X