85 gs550ef carb fuel line diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 gs550ef carb fuel line diagram

I just got an 85 gs550 ef with 2 carbs, and trying to get it to start.. it has no useable tank at the moment, but im using my race car fuel cell to try and start it.. theres 3 lines coming off the carbs and they have me stumped on what there for.. I take it the 1 big line is for fuel, and other 2 are for priming,, but it wont start up. it almost catches but just spins. and seems I flood the right side carb as it drips out. if anyone has or could draw a sketch of the fuel line diagrams for me I would really appreciate it a lot..

The two tubes that are shiny plastic are vent tubes for the carbs. No fuel should go down them.

There is a tiny tube for supplying vacuum to the petcock and a larger line for the fuel itself.

The routing diagrams are in the manual that can be found on the Basscliff website.

Comment

thanx a lot.. the basscliff website??

rick

Comment

Oh crap you be new sorry.

Hey is this the bike from that two for 600 deal on Kijiji?

Comment

yes sir lol...

Comment

Did you get the Katana as well? I was going to go for that deal but it was too far away to check out in person.

Comment

yes, I got both. the ad was nicer then real life lol

Comment

the manual picture isn't really clear to me.. the "vent" lines go where?? the gas tank seems to have a vac. line in the middle of it and the tank was laying in a box. where does that go to. no petcock either on the tank so im plumbing blind..

Comment

The Katana would be somewhat valuable in that it represents a landmark change in the aesthetic of cosmetic design.

From the pic it was hacked a bit but even as parts its worth something parted out even.

I have a tank and other bits but alas they are a bit rough albeit functional.

Comment

my tank is bad apparently.. and no petcock.

Comment

That silver tank is not the one native to the bike. I have never seen the underside of one of them so have no clue about it except what you are seeing may be a drain pipe for the leak safety reservoir attached to the fuel sender unit.

Comment

Crap I am sorry the tank looks OEM

Comment

the silver tank is the katana tank. I have the original tank for the 85 here,, (white./blue) but its real bad inside and no petcock but no dents

Comment

Ahh its better to communicate here the PM.
                            Yah so I was right. There is a good deal of information on the Basscliff website about de-rusting. Some folks use Evapo-Rust and other Vinegar etc.
                            If it is not leaking hten I would clean the tank as it has no dents.

As to the diagram I imagine you may be missing some hoses?

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!!

Hi Mr. dark7068,

Here's a parts fiche picture of your carbs.

I don't have much info about the dual carbs on the GS550 other than what you might find in the factory manual. But here's your "mega-welcome".

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
                              Help! Your Bike Won't Start
                              DON'T DO THESE THINGS
                              Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
                              Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                              X