carb holders, interchangable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb holders, interchangable?

was wondering why no3 wasnt running and went to pull the carbs off and half of the intake boot came off with the carb. so i narrowed down my running problem but was wondering if the boots from a 750 or 850 would work on my 650. i wouldnt think that there would be a huge difference except maybe in the actual thickness. since i plan on running pods the distance from motor to carb does not matter. also why the hell did suzuki not use allen bolts on those carb holders. cant use a hammer with my impact and wont budge with a regular screwdriver. Vise grips?

thanks
    Brian

I have both 650 boots and 850. The 850 boots have a wider opening.

Comment

There is also a length difference between the 650 boots and 850 boots, along with angle differences.

No, they are NOT interchangeable.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

thanks, going to break down and buy new ones. found at z1 for the cheapest 117 i think is what they cost. does anyone use gasket sealant along with the new o rings or should i just use the o rings

Comment

Just new o rings is fine. There's no need to double up with gasket sealant too

Comment

Working...
          X