carb rebuild help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb rebuild help

I got the orings in today from cycleorings, and took the carbs off just now. Noticed on the right carb it doesn't seems right. The carbs are the twins on my 85 EF..I had problems with fuel spilling out and I think I found out why. The vent tube from the right carb actually goes all the way thru.. Looks like its rusted out on the right side of the body of the carb, while the left one is not. should it be like that???

pix to follow

picture

its the right middle hole..

also why the right side wasn't running right. the float was stuck, has a bad case of greenies

Comment

you have to get them spotless, at least on the inside.....

more pics here

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Comment

The vent is fine. It vents the float bowl.
        You are leaking because the carbs need new o-rings, float heigth set and they need cleaned cleaned cleaned
        Did I mention they needed cleaned?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thanx a lot guys,, they are both soaking while I have supper and take dogs for a walk,, it will be spotless..

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by dark7068 View Post
            thanx a lot guys,, they are both soaking while I have supper and take dogs for a walk,, it will be spotless..

Rick
            Based on the pictures posted, they should still be soaking while you have supper TOMORROW.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

they will be.

Comment

got the left one apart and soaking, and it was spotless inside,, but has a 1/2" nylon washer floating around inside

the right carb float, jets and tubes were plugged full of greenie,, hopefully its running tomorrow

Comment

Carbs are cleaned and rebuilt, put together and on the bike. Idles like a DREAM. Fires first push of the button and idles and rev's up real quick. no to find a petcock for the tank then i can take it for a spin.Thanx a lot..

Rick
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Now get the valves adjusted, it will feel that you almost don't have to actually push the button.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I was thinking that, but now to get my car going, then tomorrorw I will adjust the valves.

Comment

Working...
                      X