V&h 4-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V&h 4-1

I'm thinking of buying the V&H 4-1 megaphone exhaust system for my '80 GS850G but I'm not sure about a few things. Do the collars come with the exhaust? I'm looking to buy from either motorcycle-superstore or partzilla. The current exhaust system I have is an unknown make/model and I'm nervous that I won't have all the parts I need.

I have an 80' 850 GS in my garage. It has a brand new 4-1 on it, I was told it was a v&Hines....but I literally got the bike and pushed it into the corner. I never saw the name on it. I will look this weekend and verify brand, but it does come with the solid, chromed bolt flanges on it.
    You could also message the seller and ask. They may not show in the advertising picture to make them appear clean/ sleek....aka digitally removed for the photo or left off on that set.
    I would be curious to see a pic of the set you currently have.

Comment

Yeah, it's a bolt-on system, the flanges are on the exhaust. You should replace the exhaust gaskets when you do and jetting may be required. If it is a drag pipe, however, peg and rear mount changes will need to be made.
      streetfighters

Comment

With the Vance & Hines 4-1, it works better if you use two exhaust gaskets for each pipe.
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
          I have an 80' 850 GS in my garage. It has a brand new 4-1 on it, I was told it was a v&Hines....but I literally got the bike and pushed it into the corner. I never saw the name on it. I will look this weekend and verify brand, but it does come with the solid, chromed bolt flanges on it.
          You could also message the seller and ask. They may not show in the advertising picture to make them appear clean/ sleek....aka digitally removed for the photo or left off on that set.
          I would be curious to see a pic of the set you currently have.
          I'll have to take a pic when I take it off. Its completely black (matte) with a really crappy baffle system. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
            With the Vance & Hines 4-1, it works better if you use two exhaust gaskets for each pipe.
            Is this common with most 4 into 1's that you have to double up on the exhaust gaskets? I remember having to do that with my Marvin exhaust and figured it must have been a mistake on the manufacturer or mine.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
            X