Pipes turning blue is this a problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockhammer View Post
    Here is another symptom that might be related. When the bike as at idle if I rev it the rpms drop and it seems like it wants to die. I have to save it from dieing by giving it a little help with the throttle. This does not happen when I pull up to a red light only if I rev it and then let it drop back down by it self. It does not always turn off either some times the rpms just drop real low and then it comes back up in a few seconds. Could this be related?
    Give this a read and see if it helps.

Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by stockGS View Post
      I am having the same type of problem with my '82 GS850G stock set up. I have gone through the GS greeting and cleaned the carbs, new boots on both sides, o-rings, seal the airbox. I have run it for a little over a thousand miles since then and thought i had a good idle at 1,000 rpm, now at a stop sign it falls off and dies. I saw chuck hahn's response of turning the idle up to 1,200 to hold the idle, but i would like to have a nice even 1,000. Any ideas where to start? Should i tune the carbs using the high rev. method?
      Yes. I would encourage you to start your own thread so that conversations directed to you do not get confused with conversations directed toward the original poster.

Sometimes it take 2 or 3 times to actually clean your carbs correctly.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X