My CV's don't match CV writeup @ pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My CV's don't match CV writeup @ pilot

I'm thinking the tube going across on my CV contains the pilot (appears to be a cap with a hole in the center?) but since that is not what the write up shows I'm checking here...

Ignore the blue on the carb mouth. I set them on a sheet of foam not thinking and the gas had melted it in that small spot. It's nothing a PO did.

The idle mixture screw on your model is on the side of the body.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thought so. thanks

Comment

Hi,

Did you see the write-up specific to GS450 carbs?

GS450 Carb Rebuild Guide
        (by Mr. Flaming Chainsaws)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

just to be clear, b/c i can only drill once. The arrow on the pic i just made is where i need to drill, and that is the cap? Each has a tiny hole so i may not have to drill.

Comment

i do now....lol. I already printed all 70 pages of that one damn

Comment

Hi,

I already printed all 70 pages of that one
              That's OK. There is still a lot of information in both CV write-ups that is good to know while working on your carbs.

Yes, the idle mixture (pilot) screw is under that cap.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Stick a fork in it and pull it out.....

or better yet...

put a drywall screw in it or something similar and pull it out....

Comment

You may have to use a pilot drill to get the drywall screw in there, but be careful. That aluminum plug is only about 3mm thick and there is only about 3mm of room behind it before you hit the mixture screw.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I drilled the caps and got them out NP, but there is another issue. The pilot screws back almost all the way out then just spin and do not finish coming out, this is on both carbs. I tried pb blaster, tried a dental pic incase dirt was stopping it, tried a wire brush, nadda.

Comment

Open the hole up a bit at the end with a drill bit.
                      Don't touch the threads.
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I may have to shelf till next week, not sure i can be that precise left handed. lemme take a second look

Comment

Cleaned up the tube, not the issue.

chuck hahn said its the oring sticking. He told me to heat the tube, then while fresh hot get some pb in there and work the jet back and forth to lube the oring and back it out.

that didn't work either.

Comment

tossed #1 in the freezer. See if contracting the metal helps me out

Comment

it worked. now they just gotta hit room temp before boil

Comment

Working...
                              X