No announcement yet.

My CV's don't match CV writeup @ pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"WHAT" worked? I suggested then heating becuase my experience has been that then orings get brick hard AND seal themselves to then tubes and needles..making them nearlyn impossable to get to turn.

Maybe the combo of heat and freezing cracked the seal? In any case, gald you got one to budge. As youve seen, they can be a stubborn thing at times.

I always dab a Qtip in some grease and swab the tubes and a little on the orings before reinstalling the needles. Keeps them free and easy to fine tune later down the road.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

heating failed

Originally posted by ThrottleBack View Post
      tossed #1 in the freezer. See if contracting the metal helps me out
      freezing worked

Comment

Now I'm thinking while they are off, since theres a few weeks till i can ride anyway, I may paint them to match the color i'm going to paint the tank.

Comment

So I soaked both 24 hours. One in dip, one in straight purple power. They are both clean (not enough yet im ANAL) but honestly the PP one came out better and the stuff is much less harsh on me and the planet.

Comment

Working...
          X